Upon Further Review, A Prayer for Today

Upon further review, the previous post was a misguided ramble. But it felt good to get it out.

I woke up this morning, and I'm still upset with God. If it was that time of year, He might not get a Christmas card. Or get one ONLY after I received one.

But since I still Love the Lord, I did my daily devotional readings. I'm reading from Daily Texts 2007 from the Moravian Church. I received a copy when I went for my visit to Trinity Lutheran Church. The Scripture readings that I mentioned that I wanted to read were the passages that I missed because I didn't get this book until mid-February. So the first devotion was from Jeremiah 7:3 - "Amend your ways and your doings, and let me dwell with you in this place."

Then I read the prayer for today.

Praise to you, O God of mercy.
You are my dwelling place.
Turn me from my dullness to seek your face.
In your good time, Lord, give me a wakeup call
and motivate me to be a joyful worker in your fields. Amen.

From "Daily Texts" from the Moravian Church.

Well, I guess I got my response.

Please pray for the health of my mother and my father. Thanks,

Comments

HeyJules said…
Well, it does appear you got yours, doesn't it? (He's pretty good about that - trust me, I should know...)

I will keep you and your parents in my thoughts and prayers. I understand how you feel but remember that, in times like these, we are to turn and seek Him despite the seriousness of the circumstances involved. Anyone can love God on a good day - it's wrapping our lives and hearts around Him on a BAD day that truly grows our love for Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV