And Music Still On MTV

"1985" by Bowling for Soup



A quick tale of woe from a second-career seminarian. I don't know how the conversation got started, (I blame Law & Gospel) but I got in a conversation with some of my class mates who are pipeliners. The discussion was about embarassing clothing. I grew up in the 70's & 80's, the two decades that provided the most opportunities for fashion crimes. If you were ever at the height of fashion coolness in those decades, you do NOT want to show anyone those photos now. One of my classmates (bless her heart) said, "I didn't even go to school in the 80's." I honestly have clothes here with me that are older than many of my classmates.

I'll take my arthritic knees and kneel to pray before I go to bed. Hopefully I can get up. I know my experience will pay off sometime soon, but how long must I wait O Lord?

Comments

Law+Gospel said…
Ah yes, the year many members of our class were born....
David said…
Come on admit it....you had a leisure suit at one point in your life idin't you?

Remember, polyester is also one of God's creations, although I would stop short of calling it "good."
BRC said…
A leisure suit? I had THREE!

Royal blue (with a powder blue turtleneck), olive green and charcoal grey.

For a nanosecond, I WAS cool.

And then it was gone.......
Law+Gospel said…
I hope there were no gold chains. I am sure you would earn a very particular respect in your teaching parish if you wore one these suits. ;)
BRC said…
No gold chains with the leisure suits (my Mr. T starter set didn't come out until late HS <80-82>).

The big pewter zodiac medallion rocked the leisure suits. And a groovy pair of Earth shoes.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV