My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
        Why are you so far from helping me, from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer;
        and by night, but find no rest.

from Psalm 22My mind and heart are heavy with grief this morning. Nine people are dead in Charleston, South Carolina - executed during a Bible study at Emmanuel AME Church. I do not want to believe that someone would want to commit this act of terror. The more details that come out, the more I can not understand where this destructive hate comes from.

I had planned on posting today to share Pope Francis' encyclical letter on the environment, Laudato Si (Praise to you.) The Pope lays out his case for how we are responsible for the damage to our planet and what we can do to address these issues. You can download it below. I have also included a study from the ELCA on awakening God's call to Earthkeeping.

But you, O LORD, do not be far away!
        O my help, come quickly to my aid!
Deliver my soul from the sword,
        my life from the power of the dog!
Save me from the mouth of the lion!
       From the horns of the wild oxen you have rescued me.

from Psalm 22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV