I'll be away for a little bit

I'm going to be moving to Gettysburg the next few days, so there won't be any positing for a few days. (Not anything earth shattering.) The next time I post, it shall be from my apartment. Before I go however, its time to empty the mental mailbag.
I'm glad I didn't order the Big Brother feeds. I've been watching the shows and following the feeds and this year's housemates aren't that interesting. Maybe they're not interesting because there is a jerk/bully who's dominating the show. Dick (his real name) is a tyrant who seems to have a 3 year old's fit anytime someone has an opinion or does not follow his directives. I'll pay attention when I see someone has the spine to nominate and evict him.
The Tigers (MY Tigers) are in a funk and can't seem to get out of their own way. But fortunately, the Tribe is right there blowing games along with them. I'd love to see them trade for a relief pitcher, but it doesn't look like it will happen.
Just read that Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh passed away. He was a true innovator in how football at all levels was coached, practiced and played. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
HS Football season begins Monday in Michigan, and I'm fighting the urge to make someone do some down ups and run laps. Look out Gettysburg!
In other amateurish football news, the Lions have started training camp without their first round draft pick signed. That's shocking.
My office (actually my co-worker/best friend) is throwing me a farewell luncheon tomorrow. I feel bad for leaving my friends and a job I like (when I'm not hating it), but am thrilled about starting a new chapter that God is calling me to. Don't know who all will show up, but it should be interesting. But, there will be cake.
I am so fortunate to have friends and family who are helping me with this move and being supportive. As word has gotten out around work, I've been asked three main questions. #1 - Who's getting your job? (our District is STILL cutting positions). #2 - What are your parents going to do? #3 - How is your co-worker taking it? I've had to answer a few questions about the difference between Lutherans and Catholics (many people assumed I was entering a monastery, not a seminary). My parents are happy that I'm doing what I'm being called to do, but wish there was a seminary closer, like 10 miles away. My co-worker is alternating between being happy I'm doing what I want to do, and angry I'm leaving her. I feel guilty for leaving family and friends, but when God calls, you must answer. Or dodge lightning bolts. I wonder if I should quote Luke 9:57, 61-62.
As they were going along the road, someone said to him, ‘I will follow you wherever you go.’
Another said, ‘I will follow you, Lord; but let me first say farewell to those at my home.’ Jesus said to him, ‘No one who puts a hand to the plough and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.’

Comments

David said…
I see (our) Tigers have added a back up infielder. Ok...what about a closer or other relief? I can't believe Todd Jones has kept his job for so long.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV