One Day Down, 1364 to go

Well, the first day of summer Greek is over, and I survived!

Actually, today was one of the most inspiring, humbling, exciting days of my life. I am in class with 34 special, talented, gifted and blessed people. While I didn't get to meet all of them, and have probably already forgotten the names of some of the ones I did meet, when we shared information about ourselves; I am humbled to be in their company.

So many of them are pipe liners, straight out of college, who knew that this was their path from an early age. I am so envious because I chose to walk away from God, while they ran to embrace Him. I know that we're all on our own path, but I wish my path could be a little longer. There is so much talent, passion and enthusiasm that I'm excited to spend the weekend parsing verbs. Well, not really, but I am excited to be here.

My enthusiasm is only dampened because my being here means that I'm not home. But I am where I need to be now, and God will provide and protect according to His Will.

Oh, I got 19.5 out of 20 on our first quiz. I wrote the wrong accent for a circumflex accent. (This is to make Mom proud - she'll try to tack this post up on the fridge.)

Please keep me (and my family) in your prayers.

BTW, the 1364 assumes that graduation (he said putting the cart WAY in front of the pony) is the 2nd Friday of May (as it has been the past 2 years at LTSG - which is Friday the 13th).

BTW2, one of my class mates is the author of Law & Gospel, and is a wonderfully inspiring person with whom I had the first of what will probably be many enriching conversations. And since she passed along a "Hello" from Here I Stand, I want to throw back a cyber-"How Do You Do?" as well. Which leads to the YouTube du jour of the week.

Comments

David said…
I love it! Have a great time in seminary. It only gets better as the time goes on.
Law+Gospel said…
I think we blogged similarly ( not sure if this is a grammatically correct sentence). Would be nice to have other Blogging Lutherans on campus too. For me the happy moment was when the 15 yr old, Lutheran Chick #1 texted me to wish me good luck on my quiz and then later to ask how it went. Gotta love that family support!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV