To Get You Ready To Run Through A Wall

The website Allballs.com earlier this week posted a list of the Top 10 Greatest Sports Movie Motivation Speeches. With one exception, I agree with the list. Here is the link to their site where clips are imbedded.
I'm listing the movies with clickable links to YouTube or other sites to watch the clips.

10-James Caan in The Program (60 minutes) CAUTION - Strong Language
9-BillieBob Thorton in Friday Night Lights (We will win State. Can you be perfect?)
8- Dawson in Varsity Blues (Let's be heroes) CAUTION - Strong Language
7 - Coach Boone in Remember the Titans (Titans were greater than the gods.)
6-Rocky in Rocky IV (If I can change ... )
5-the Groundskeeper in Rudy (There are worse things in the world ...)
4- Ronald Reagan in Knute Rockne All American (the classic)
3 - Gale Sayers in Brian's Song (This is the one I disagree with. Right movie, wrong scene. It should have been the scene where Gale accepts the Rookie of the Year award. He says, "I love Brian Piccolo, and when you hit your knees tonight, ask God to love him too.")
2 - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday (The inches speech) CAUTION - Strong Language
1 - Gene Hackman in Hoosiers (I love you guys. TEAM!)

NOW, here are some real ones.


The Team, The Team, The Team - Coach Bo Schembechler

Georgia Tech Chaplin Derrick Moore before the Notre Dame game

and because ... It just doesn't matter

... So I got that goin' for me, which is nice



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV