Tribute to My Dad

A video of pictures put together to remember my dad, who passed away a couple of weeks ago.


The Chieftans with Sting - Mo Ghile Mear (Our Hero)

[1 & Chorus]
Sé mo laoch mo Ghile Mear
‘Sé mo Chaesar, Ghile Mear,
Suan ná séan ní bhfuaireas féin
Ó chuaigh i gcéin mo Ghile Mear.
[2] Grief and pain are all I know
My heart is sore
My tears a'flow, We saw him go ....
No word we know of him...
Chorus
[3]
A proud and gallant cavalier
A high man's scion of gentle mien
A fiery blade engaged to reap
He'd break the bravest in the field
Chorus
[4]
Come sing his praise as sweet harps play
And proudly toast his noble frame
With spirit and with mind aflame
So wish him strength and length of day
Chorus

Comments

Trish said…
What a tribute! Thank you for sharing with us, Coach. How are you and Mom doing?
Anonymous said…
Priceless! Thanks for sharing your memories of your dad with us.
BRC said…
Trish, My mom is a doing ok. We both have good days and bad.
Law+Gospel said…
Ok, I cried. There is something about old family photos that gets me every time. It is our loved ones in the way only we see them, and love them. What a great tribute- thank you for sharing a piece of your world.
Unknown said…
Great photos love them and they will be treasured for a long time ,He was your Hero and mine also.

Love Aunt Kathleen

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV