Fwd: E-Mail

I've noticed that ever since I told people that I was going into the ministry, I've been forwarded EVERY religious e-mail they get. I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm tempted to sell all of the addresses to spammers. Sometimes, I get them with comments.

Here is an email that I was forwarded by one of my laped Catholic friends.

ORIGINAL EMAIL

When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go, only 1 of 2 things will happen, either He'll catch you when you fall, or He'll teach you how to fly! 'The power of one sentence! God is going to shift things around for you today and let things work in your favor. If you believe, send it. If you don't believe, delete it. God closes doors no man can open & God opens doors no man can close.
If you need God to open some doors for you...send this to ten people.
...Have a blessed day and remember to be a blessing...

MY FRIENDS COMMENT (either she was upset, or didn't notice the Caps Lock light)

Ok, FIRST OF ALL, IF I’M STANDING ON THE EDGE OF A CLIFF, HOPING THAT GOD WILL EITHER GIVE ME WINGS, TEACH ME TO FLY, OR CATCH ME, IS A COMPLETELY PSYCHOTIC WAY OF THINING, AND WHEN THEY ARE SCRAPING ME UP OFF THE GROUND BELOW, I’LL BE UP IN HEAVEN ASKING HIM PERSONALLY, WHAT HAD PREOCCUPIED HIM SO MUCH THAT HE MISSED MY FALL. I’M RELATIVELY SECURE IN THE FACT THAT IF I JUMP OF THIS CLIFF, I’M DEAD. PASS THIS ON!

MY RESPONSE

If God leads you to a cliff, it just may be to show you His handiwork.
"Hey, didn't I do a really good job on this? A thank you every once in a while, would it kill you?"
Jumping, that's an internal issue.
God Bless, Coach

Comments

Trish said…
It's great, isn't it? I think we seminarians get these "religious" emails a lot because they're "right up our alley." I shrug, chuckle, and delete.
Law+Gospel said…
I like the ones with sappy music and Jesus pictures best!;)Extra points if I have to forward to 20 friends to get a blessing TODAY!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV