Texts and Initial thoughts

I have chosen the texts for July 10, 2011, the 15th Sunday in Ordinary Time in Year A, this year also known as the 4th Sunday After Pentecost. I picked this text because I will hopefully have a place to preach this text, and that I may be called somewhere by then.

The lessons for that Sunday include: Genesis 25:19-34,  Psalm 119.105-112, Romans 8:1-11 and  Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23.
   The Genesis text includes birth of Jacob and Esau, and Jacob stealing Esau's birthright.
   The Psalm includes " Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. " and " I hold my life in my hand continually, but I do not forget your law. "
   The Romans text includes "For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit." and "If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through his Spirit that dwells in you. "
   The Gospel from Matthew is the parable of the sower who went out to sow. 


Gee, based on the title of this blog, I wonder which one I think I'm leaning on focusing on?

Comments

C. Fair said…
I love that cartoon, sad to say it's so true. We men CAN be a bit stuborn at times. I preached the Mathew text when Joseph has the dream to flee to Egypt because Herod is on a killing spree. One of the main premises of my sermon was that Joseph should get more credit because he LISTENED.

I look forward to hearing/seeing this sermon come together.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV