Let Me Comment On This

While I'm waiting to learn my synod assignment, I thought I'd share some wise advice. Of course it isn't mine.

Here at the LTS, we had our Seminary Weekend, and prospective seminarians came to visit the campus. My apartment was one of the ones shown. (Made me clean things up.) One of the visitors noticed that I had all of the New Interpreter's Bible Commentaries for the New Testament, and asked if they were required. I told him they were not required, but many were recommended by our NT professors. That got me thinking about what some of the other seminary professors may be recommending.

So, a few minutes later, (thanks Google) here are links to recommended commentaries by some professors at some ELCA Seminaries. (For those of you of a my conservative/literalistic perspective- this can be a don't buy list.)

 Trinity Lutheran    Luther Seminary   LTS Gettysburg NT  OT  

If the other schools have a suggested commentary list, put it it the comments, and I'll edit this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV