Let's See How Long This Will Last

I'm going to try to make this blog functional again. The key part that was missing ... my motivation.

Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
PREVIOUSLY ON PREPARE YE: Since the beginning of March, when I had my last "real" post, (The In Between Times) I did get the call, and was assigned to a synod in the northwest part of Wisconsin (you can figure it out if you try really hard), flew out to meet the Bishop and his staff, received profiles for a two-point parish (two churches that work together to call a pastor and do other ministries). When I was preparing to come out to meet with the call committee, my mother had a heart attack. Instead of coming for the interview, I went back home to Michigan. I wound up spending the last two weeks of my Senior year with my mom in the hospital or recovering at home. She was bound and determined to come out to Gettysburg for my graduation, and made sure her doctors knew that. We drove out and she saw me graduate. We went back to Michigan where she had a defibrillator implanted in her. Sometime in that process, I made it out to Wisconsin and met with the call committee. They voted to recommend for me to be called, and in July, the congregations voted (with 2 abstentions) to call me. I moved out of Gettysburg on the hottest day of the summer (to that point) and moved here in Wisconsin (on one of the hottest days of the summer).
Mom has come with me for an extended visit so we get to spend some time together.

I have been the pastor at the 2 churches here since the beginning of August. Time has gone very quickly and very slowly at the same time. It doesn't seem like a month, but it also seems that I've been here longer.

The biggest adjustment is the size of the community. There are just over a thousand people in the town. Coming from a city of 50+ thousand, it has been different. I'm trying to get used to it, but there are a few things that are taking a bit more time. Not having the choice between several (insert business here) is something I'm coming to grips with.

I hope to post on a more regular schedule. It amazes me when I get an email with viewing stats that show there are 5 or 6 visitors each day. Thanks for checking in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV