The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

This is the Article From Ananias for the December 2016 Newsletter.

I am SO excited about this time of the year.

My Big Guy has gotten out a lot of decorations to put up around the house. He hasn’t put them all up yet, but is working on them. I’ve offered to help, but everything is too high for me to reach. So I mostly just help by smelling them to make sure they are ok to put up.

One of the things he had out that I was sniffing was what he called a Nativity scene. He could tell that I was curious so he stopped putting things on that little tree and told me a story.

It seems that God decided that the best way for people to understand how much God loves them was for God to become a people. That way, God could show them how to love one another.

It makes SO MUCH sense. If My Big Guy could become a dog like me, I’d understand him so much better, and he’d understand me better too.

God didn’t want to be a part of some rich or powerful family. Instead, he chose to be born to a couple who just got married. And the girl who would be his mom, Mary, she was a young girl. My Big Guy said she was probably the age of the girls in his C+LIFFE class. That surprised me. They are barely out of their puppyhood!

But when Gabriel the Angel told her that she had found favor with God, and that God wanted her to give birth to the one who had been promised, she said, “I serve the Lord.”

I am SO proud of that little girl. She was so brave.

But then My Big Guy told me about the journey that she and Joe had to take because of some scents for us. I didn’t understand that. I mean, I smell all kinds of stuff, but I don’t think the government has any business in smelling everybody.

When Mary and Joe got to Bethlehem, nobody would give them a place to stay. So they stayed with the animals, which I understand you people may not like, but I found that to be amazing.
Think about it. God decides to become one of you peoples, but the first ones in creation who got to witness the birth were animals like me. We got to see first hand how much God loves not only people, but all of creation.

I was a little disappointed that in his Nativity scene there wasn’t a bulldogge, or any kind of dog at all. Cows, yes. Sheep, yes. Even camels. But no dogs.

But now that I know the story, I can imagine myself there, seeing God in the flesh. And that is the most wonderful thing ever.

Even if I have to wear a silly hat.

Love and Licks, Ananias

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

Sermon + No They're Yours