December 2017 News

This is my article from the December 2017 - January 2018 Newsletter.
A Few Things That Are Going On …

We have several things going on in December and January. Please take time to go through the articles and calendar to see what you may want to take advantage of participating in.

One of the things that I want to note is that I will be going to Houston at the end of January. I will be attending the ELCA Youth Extravaganza in Houston. This is a conference for youth and family ministries. It is a conference I attended three years ago in Detroit. It is held in the host city of the Youth Gathering in those years, and will give me an opportunity to scout the sites in Houston. It also has some sessions I am looking forward to attending.

The downside is that I will not be able to be at the annual meetings for Nazareth and Our Savior’s. I plan to have everything prepared for these meetings before I leave.

In preparation, Kay and I will be preparing annual reports and for the annual meetings as soon as we get back at the beginning of the New Year. We have 3 meetings to prepare, and 4 annual reports. If you have items to submit, please get them in by the date requested. It is also very helpful if you can submit them electronically, preferably as a Word or Excel document. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Also, as we get into December and all of the Christmas related services, I want to thank everyone who is going to help with the services that are coming up. I appreciate all of the work that our Sunday School teachers do on a weekly basis, but also for everything they do to make our Youth Christmas Program a success. I also want to thank my C+LIFFE students and Luther League members who are helping out with this program as well.

I also want to thank our musicians who provide so much to our regular Sunday services, but have even more work to do around these services. Thanks also go to those who will share of their musical talents for the Christmas services.

God’s Blessings Be With You All,
Pastor Brian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV