Ananias Comes To Oklahoma


 This is Ananias' article (and mine as well) for the newsletters for the churches here in Oklahoma City. 
If you finish the article, you can see pictures of the assistant to the Pastor at the front of all 3 churches. + pBRC

An Article from Ananias

Howdy, y’all!!
My name is Ananias Bulldogge Campbell, and I am your new Assistant Pastor.
(Actually, Ananias is the assistant to the Pastor for Canine Theology. – Pastor Brian)
My Big Guy, that’s what I call Pastor Brian, asked me to write an article for the newsletters while he is trying to find a box where he packed some important stuff. If he told me what it smelled like, I could find it for him, but it keeps him out of my fur for a while.
I am a four-year-old Olde English Bulldogge, and have been with My Big Guy ever since I chose him when he came to visit shortly after I was born. I am loyal to My Big Guy, so I may bark and growl at you when I meet you. It’s nothing personal; I’m sure you all are really nice people, but I need to take care of My Big Guy first. After a while, I’ll come over and get to know you.
My Big Guy named me after the disciple who helped Paul after he was blinded on the road to Damascus in Acts 9. I go by Ani for short, and while I’m a boy, I don’t mind if you think Ani means I’m a girl.
On behalf of myself and My Big Guy, I want to thank everyone who has helped us down here in Oklahoma. I especially want to thank the Sommerfeld’s who let me and My Big Guy stay with them and their dogs until our apartment was ready. Thanks also to the gentlemen who helped to move our stuff out of storage and into our apartment. And thanks to all of you who have kept us in your prayers.
As I’m writing this on my iPawd on the 25th while My Big Guy is grocery shopping, only ten days ago I was running around in snow that was almost up to my shoulder. Then a bunch of people came to our house and started taking our stuff!!! I got mad and barked at them, but My Big Guy said it was ok, and put me in a time out. When I came out, guess what? ALL OUR STUFF WAS GONE!! Even the treats I hid behind the couch!
I was worried. My Big Guy reminded me that we were moving here to Oklahoma, but I thought they were just going to move our house down here. I guess I got that wrong. So two days later, we got down here, and yesterday, we moved into our apartment.
It’s different from living in our house. Our neighbors are above us and on the other side of the walls, so I have to be quiet, and not disturb them.
All of this change is hard. I’ve shed a lot of my fur. I really want to stay close to My Big Guy because this is a stress on him as well, even though he tries not to show it. He has told me that he really wants to do good things for you all, and for the community of Oklahoma City.
Here’s some things you need to know about My Big Guy.
·      He will try really hard. He makes mistakes. I’ll tell you about the time he forgot which church he left me at another time. But he really cares. Please give him a chance.
·      He wants to do the right thing. If there are people he should visit, or projects he should do, let him know. He might do things in a different way than you are used to, but he usually has a reason for doing so. If you have a question, ask him. He’s easy to talk to.
·      He tries to tell jokes. Some are actually good. Most aren’t. Please just laugh. He feels better.
He has told me how excited he is to be here, because he sees the opportunities to do good work here. He liked his time in Wisconsin, mostly because he got me there, but a small town just wasn’t for him any longer.
He talks to me a lot. Usually, he read to me from the Bible before we go to bed. Maybe I’ll get a chance to share some of my thoughts with you on some of the passages he has read to me.
I’m going to finish for now; I hope that he comes back from the store soon. I’m still not used to all of the noises around here. Don’t tell him, but I’m a little bit afraid and nervous about this move. It has been quite a few weeks. It is all so different, but I think I can adjust. Please keep us in your prayers.
To end, I just have two questions for you. Where’s the snow? And, what is the deal with tornadoes?
Love and Licks, Ananias

Ananias at Ascension

Ananias at Redeemer

Ananias at St. Mark



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV