Prayers for Today

No one else in my life forgives me as quickly as you do.
Thank you, ever patient God, for your invitation to me to confess and for the assurance of your forgiveness.
Help me to see my need and stop making excuses for my sin.
I am sorry, and I seek your power to live as you desire. AMEN.

From Daily Texts from the Moravian Church.

for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will result in my deliverance. It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be put to shame in any way, but that by my speaking with all boldness, Christ will be exalted now as always in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, living is Christ and dying is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labour for me; and I do not know which I prefer. I am hard pressed between the two: my desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better; but to remain in the flesh is more necessary for you. Since I am convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with all of you for your progress and joy in faith, so that I may share abundantly in your boasting in Christ Jesus when I come to you again. Philippians 1:19–26 (NRSV)

Comments

Justin Wiese said…
Hey Coach!

Thanks for the link to FrontRowLutheran.com on your blog!

And thanks for being a regular reader of my blog. I hope you follow along as I make the move to Nebraska.

I'll be sure to drop by here from time to time. :-)

Take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV