I wish I could get excited

I wish I could get excited about any of the knuckleheads running to be the leader of the free world. All of the candidates, IMHO, are flawed, some more than others. I know I'm not going to find someone who agrees with me on all issues, probably not on many, because I'm all over the place (pro-life, anti-gun, pro-withdrawal from Iraq, anti-amnesty for illegal immigrants). So I look for someone who's judgment I trust. Here is my take on the field.

For the Elephants:
John McCain - I voted for him in the Michigan Primary in 2000. I disagree with him on several issues, but I trust his judgment. The past few years where he has been W's lap dog have turned me off, and the fact he is willing to have a US presence for 100 years, NO.
Mitt Romney - I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't buy a car from him. I feel he's slimier than a diner hamburger. NO.
Mike Huckabee
- Change the constitution to match "God's teaching?" Approving of the Confederate flag? HELL NO.
Fred Thompson
- If I wanted to vote for an actor from "Law & Order" it will be Sam Waterson. NO.
Rudy 9u11iani.
- I didn't think he would put footage in a commercial. DOUBLE HELL NO.
Ron Paul
- I have a soft spot for wackos. Ross Perot did get my vote in '92. I've grown up. NO.

For the Donkeys.
Hilary Clinton - She makes me really nervous. I think she and Bill will do and say and promise anything to get back into the White House. Did they leave something there. NO.
John Edwards
- May be slimier than Romney. I wouldn't trust him to chase an ambulance. NO.
Barack Obama
- I just don't know. I think he is reasonable, but I just don't know. Maybe.

For the record, I cast my absentee vote in the Michigan Democratic "Primary" and voted "Uncommitted." I knew I didn't like any Republicans, and didn't realize until I opened the ballot that Hilary was the only one on there.

If I have dissed your favorite, don't worry. Here is a list of people who I voted for to be President.
84 - Mondale; 88 - Dukakis; 92 - Perot; 96 - Dole; 00-Gore; 04-Kerry
Literally, what a bunch of losers. You may want to encourage me to support the person you do NOT want to win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV