Tool Time

I'm off to Dulles Airport to pick up our JTerm students who are returning from Mexico.
I wrote this for my home church's newsletter, I hope you (pl.) may get a smile from it.

But each of us was given grace according to the measure of Christ’s gift. The gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ. - Ephesians 4:7, 11-13

I’ve been busy writing sermons for my January courses. Hopefully, I will get a chance to share them with you over my spring break in March. For this month, this is a prayer I wrote one morning. It comes from leaving your TV on all night when there is a “Home Improvement” marathon on that night.

Lord, use me as a tool to serve your kingdom.
Let me be a hammer, so you can drive in the nail that holds boards together.
Let me be a saw, so you can create an opening for the Light to shine in.
Let me be a sander, so you can smooth over the rough spots of our life.
Let me be a bolt cutter, so you can cut the locks from our hearts.
Let me be a wrench, so you can make sure the nuts don’t go flying off.
Let me be a vise, so you can keep things together.
Let me be an awl, so you can poke holes where they are needed.
Let me be a broom, so you can bring along even the smallest of us.
Let me be pliers, so you can pull us from whatever we have become adhered to.
Let me be a sledgehammer, so you can knock down the walls that keep us apart.
No matter what you need me to do, Lord, I am willing, so that Your will can be done. Amen.

Regardless what part of the toolbox you reside in, know that God has a plan and a purpose for you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wish I could write as well as you do !!
HANG IN THERE,
Todd74

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV