Beneath the Cowl

I'm revealing my "secret identity" because I wanted, needed to share some of the wonderful things that people said about my dad. The funeral was yesterday, and over 125 people came, even though we had 6+ inches of snow. Between 250 and 300 people came Thursday for the visitation.
We are so blessed to know how many people cared about him, and care about my mother and me.

I had my moments of dealing with my grief, but when the bagpiper began to play "Amazing Grace," I came unglued.

Here is a link to the comments on my father's obituary. His obituary is here.
Some of the photos we had made into a video are below. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.


I'm not sure when I'm headed back to The LTS. I need to take care of my mom first.

Comments

David said…
I've been a little slack in my blogging lately and missed this. I'm sorry to hear about your father's passing. I pray that you and your family will experience the full measure of God's love and compassion.
Law+Gospel said…
Brian, thank you so much for sharing these pictures and comments. What a blessing to have been in your father's world. Thanks be to God that we are all in our Father's world.
Law+Gospel said…
Oh, and BTW, I think the piper playing "Amazing Grace" would have done it for me too. Almost cried just picturing it.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV