Once again, Gettysburg will be a battleground

Now that the fate of the Democratic nomination will be (not) settled in Pennsylvania, I'm prepared to see a flood of TV commercials between Hilary & Barack.

I've openly stated my preference for Obama and am afraid to see what Hilary's camp is willing to do to win the nomination. Is she prepared to destroy the village in order to save it? Will she take Obama down in an act of mutually assured destruction? During the Cold War, that strategy was called MAD for a reason.

I'm interested to see what happens in my home state's "primary." What the rest of the country doesn't realize, it wasn't that they both didn't campaign there. Obama, as well as Edwards and Richardson, took their names off of the ballot. When I got my absentee ballot, my choices were Hillary, Kucinich and Uncommitted. Hillary, running unopposed got 55% of the vote. Uncommitted got 40%. Seating those delegates is blatantly unfair. The only fair thing to do is to not seat Michigan and Florida, because they broke the rules, or have a do-over. If they seat the delegates as is, I will support John McCain as much as I can. Heck, I'd support giving W a third term before voting for the Clintons.

Comments

your right about the do over in Michigan and Florida. The only problem is convincing the DNC that they need to pay for 2 extra caucuses or primaries to save the Democratic party from Mutually Assured Destruction live on TV in August at a nasty convention.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV