But it's a bad translation!

o
For my Lenten disciple, besides giving up pop (I don't care what you call it here in the Commonwealth, it is pop. POP, POP, POP!), I have taken to meditating on the windows of the various churches and chapels I go to. Each Sunday, I am trying to go to a different church for worship. Each day, I try to pick a different window at The LTS's Church of the Abiding Presence.

But I have become fixated on this one (the big picture to the left and/or above) that depicts the conversion of Saul. I started looking at it prior to our Internship Workshop, and have kept coming back to it. The passage quoted on the window is supposed to be from Acts 9:6. But if you look there in most translations, like the NRSV, it's not there. It only shows up there in the King James translations (the original and any updates.) That's because it isn't in any of the Greek manuscripts. It does appear in Acts 22:10 when he is recounting this story.

No matter where it appears, I am finding it a great daily meditation, especially during this discernment and call process. Except when I grow frustrated, then it turns into, "Lord, what do you want NOW?" But I think, as I hope I'm learning in my class on the Psalms, its okay to be upset with God from time to time. God's got pretty broad shouolders and can handle us being upset. But I still want to know what the Divine wants me to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV