Oh, the places I'll go ...

So, today was the announcement of the internship matches for the Middler class here at The LTS.
I'm trying to think what the best Biblical verse is to sum up the feelings. The choices are:
a) "And all the people went up following him, playing on pipes and rejoicing with great joy, so that the earth quaked at their noise."1 Kings 1:40
b) "Throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”Matthew 22:13
c) "A dispute also arose among them." Luke 22:24


The answer is somewhere in the middle. Most people were happy with where they have been assigned, but a few were not. I'm in a group in the middle. I did not get one of my preferred sites, but am happy with where I'm going. I wanted to go to an urban site because that is where I feel called. Instead, I'm going to a detached parish (my supervisor is a pastor at a near-by church, and I will work under his leadership primarily at another church who is currently without a pastor) in a very rural setting. There are tremendous learning opportunities for me at my little church setting, but it is 180° from where I thought I'd be.

As I was told when I started my call process, the book pictured to the right would be a very good guide. I just find it ironic that today is the author's birthday.

Happy Birthday Theodor Geisel!

In that case, of course you'll head straight out of town.

It's opener there in the wide open air.

Out there things can happen and frequently do
to people as brainy and footsy as you.

And when things start to happen, don't worry. Don't stew.
Just go right along. You'll start happening too.

Comments

Trish said…
We don't find out til March 11th. There are a lot of anxious sentiments 'round here. Not me though. I know I'm going to North Dakota, eh.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV