Going To Camp

from the August 2015 Messenger

While my Big Guy was away gathering up youth in Detroit, I went to camp. I stayed at a house that had a whole lot of dogs. It was scary to get to know so many of them at one time, but after we sniffed around, we got to like each other and played a whole lot.

When my Big Guy came to pick me up, I felt strange. I was SO HAPPY to see him, because I missed him. He is cool, even though he’s a big nerd. But I was going to miss my new friends.

From what he was told me about this Gathering, it was the same for him. It’s fun to go to and get to meet new people and do new things. He said that he enjoyed their Mass Gatherings, and it was a wonderful way to worship God. But, he’s happy to get back here to leading worship.

I guess when you do something new and exciting, you wish that it could always be that way. But the important thing is to find a way to take what you learned while you were away, and apply it to your regular life.

My Big Guy was praying that would happen for the people who went to Detroit; that once they were back home, they would find a way to incorporate what was exciting and invigorating about that trip into their lives.

I’m doing that myself. While I was at camp, I got to sleep on the couch all by myself. At home, I wouldn’t get on the couch until the Big Guy sat down. Now, I just get comfortable. See, even an old dog of 1.25 years like me can learn something new!

Licks and Love, Ananias

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV