Thank You Toad Lillies

I want to say thanks to the Toad Lilies. They are a band that I found on the YouTube. I was looking for a Christmas song that referenced the Baby Jesus as a king. The readings in the Narrative Lectionary were pointing to the question, "Whom will you serve?" One pastor was using the title "Game of Thrones." I wished I would have thought of that, and when I saw it, it was too late to use.

Through the powers of Google, I came across this song.

The lyrics are below.
                                                      King of Kings
Chorus
King of Kings, lying in a manger
Lord of Lords, so frail so small
Prince of Peace, son of the almighty
Came to earth, to give his life for all

Verse 1
No trumpet sounds, no fanfare, the stillness all around
On a night so cold and empty, in the sleepy little town
No royal pal - ace no castle no priceless gems, no crown
Just the cry of a helpless baby from a stable on the edge of town
From a stable on the edge of town Chorus

Verse 2
A child born in Bethlehem, in pure humility
He came for shepherds. He came for kings. He came for you and me.
Let heaven and earth adore him, let all creation sing
Peace on earth, goodwill to all, hallelujah to the King of Kings
Hallelujah to the King of Kings Chorus

It fit in with the themes building through Advent and with what I felled called to share for my Christmas message. I contacted the band and asked what I would need to do to use this song. They said to give them credit in our bulletins (we did), and to send them a recording of the performance.

Here are different videos of King of Kings being sung. The first two are excerpts from our Sunday School Service, (top) a rehearsal and (bottom) the congregation joining in.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV