Hi Nazareth

This is my article from the January 2016 newsletter for Nazareth. My Big Guy forgot to post it. I'll forgive him. - a

Hi everybody at Nazareth!

You haven’t had the chance to meet me yet, but I understand you’ve heard about me.

I am Pastor Brian’s roommate and protector, Ananias the Bulldogge.

I am named after the apostle who takes care of Saul after he meets Jesus, just a few verses after the one he refers to in his article. And I’m a bulldogge, not a regular old bulldog. My breed doesn’t have the smushed up face, so I don’t snore or drool as much as they do.

My hobbies are chewing, sleeping and interpreting Scripture. I like to think I’m pretty well rounded for being a year and a half old.

My Big Guy (that’s what I call him) really likes the story he wrote about, and he prays that question on a regular basis. He told me that he really focuses on that question, and then he tries to be really quiet and still to wait for an answer.

I had to learn that sometimes when he is just sitting that he is actually doing something, and that I shouldn’t try to get him to play with me or give me belly rubs. (I forgot, getting belly rubs is one of my hobbies as well.)

Sometimes, I ask that question myself. I wonder what God wants me to do. Usually, it’s to take care of My Big Guy. Sometimes, it is to share my love (and sometimes drool) with others.

That is hard for me, because I’m really nervous and shy to meet new people. I’ll bark and growl, but that’s because I’m nervous you won’t like me.

Maybe I should be more trusting that people will like me, and share more of myself.
I think I will pray about that, and ask God what God want me to do.

Licks and Love, Ananias

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV