Prayers (and thoughts) for Today

God of mystery, your ways are not our ways.
I regret that I keep analyzing circumstances instead of trusting you to guide me through them.
Keep opening a path for my feet to walk even if the terrain is unfamiliar and unclear to me.
Help me to serve you with abandon. Amen.

from Daily Texts from the Moravian Church

Give ear to my prayer, O God;
do not hide yourself from my supplication.
Attend to me, and answer me;
I am troubled in my complaint.
I am distraught by the noise of the enemy,
because of the clamour of the wicked.
For they bring trouble upon me,
and in anger they cherish enmity against me.
My heart is in anguish within me,
the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
Fear and trembling come upon me,
and horror overwhelms me.
And I say, ‘O that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest;
truly, I would flee far away;
I would lodge in the wilderness;
Psalm 55:1-8

I've been trying to decide what to do with my life and where to go to seminary. I think I've got it all figured out, but I'm waiting for my candidacy interview later this week to firm everything up. Then my mom gets the diagnosis from her doctor that she has cancer.

How do I follow my heart, and leave my parents behind?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV