Update

Well, I promised an update a couple of weeks ago, and I'm afraid my lack of updating may have alienated my audience (both of you). But since my last REAL post (May 10), here's what's been going on.

I went to our synod assembly and helped elect a new bishop (by one vote).
I have been accepted by the Synod's candidacy committee.
Mom's tests have come back cancer free.
My house is officially on the market, sign out in front and all.
I've (or my belongings) have been part of 2 rummage/yard sales. (Boy, is it awkward when someone finds a gift they gave you for sale -- for a $1!)
I'm collecting boxes and filling them and putting them in 2 piles -- Take & Store.
The rest either is getting sold (one more yard sale), donated or trashed (my garbageman HAS to hate me.)
I delivered a sermon yesterday (I'll post my notes for global amusement soon).

Thirty six days to moving, 53 until classes.
Yikes, I've got to get busy.

Comments

Law+Gospel said…
Congrats on embarking on a new journey! I too am beginning seminary as a second career person, having received the blessing of our candidacy committee, and just attended our synod's assembly where we elected a new Bishop here in the Lower Susquehanna. Having read some of your posts about the discernment process, I completely identify with everything that it takes to come to the decision. Unfortunately I am just getting the blogging thing together. Blessings as you prepare to begin seminary and come to our part of the world- Summer Greek?

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV