Bloggers Entering The Final Frontier

When I first started thinking about my call to ministry and if the call was really for me or a wrong number, I spent a lot of time on the internet searching for information. One of the sources of information that was the most useful to me were blogs. Especially those of people who were in the seminary. Reading the thoughts of people who were doing what I was thinking about doing proved to be VERY helpful. They set aside some fears, raised some concerns, pointed out potential pitfalls and shared the joys.

Although I've never met any of these people, they have helped me discern my call. In the past few months (and a couple in the past few days) some of them have finalized their calls, and are being/have been ordained.

As I prepare to take my first steps, I want to give a cyberspace shout out to: Pastor Justin at FrontRowLutheran.com, Pastor Tracey at Tracey's Tidings and T at Praying on the Prarie.

Thanks for the wise words even though you didn't know you were giving them. Your seeds have fallen on good soil God Bless all of you, and the many other new pastors.
I've got to move your blogs from the seminary folder to the pastor folder!

Comments

David said…
Congratulations to your friends! I too enjoy reading the blogs of other seminarians. Each has such a unique and wonderful experience.
Justin Wiese said…
Thanks for the shout-out! And thanks for reading!

May God continue to be with you on the journey ahead. It should be a challenging and fun one!

From the Front Row...Pastor Justin

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV