Field Trip!

Just got back to Gettysburg after a great trip to the Catholic University of America (I thought Notre Dame had that title, but I was wrong.) Our LTSG first year students travelled to Catholic U for an introductory session on the Washington Theological Consortium, an arrangement between 16 theological institutions in the metro D. C. area that allows students at one institution to take a course or courses at another institution. While there, we got to meet students from some of the other member institutions and have dinner at one of the buildings housing some of the different orders on the Catholic campus.

As it always happens when I meet other people who have been called to enter God's ministry, I am humbled and wonder why God called me. I am thrilled to be here at Gettysburg, and am excited about serving Our Lord. I'm not so thrilled by all the reading and writing I have to do, but the people whom I am meeting are SO talented and SO gifted that I feel so unworthy to be in their company. When we were sharing our call stories, I was so moved by their stories that I know God has great things in store for them.

During the Prayer Service, Dr. John Yieh from the Virginia Theological Seminar provided the sermon on Matthew 25:1-13 (the parable of the ten virgin bridesmaids.) The way that he interwove the changes we face as new seminarians (our friends suggesting meeting at Starbucks rather that the local pub) with how some of the groundbreaking theologians of different traditions analyzed and interpreted this passage was remarkable. His remarks will be posted on the WTC website soon. I'll link to it when it is up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV