Today was a good day

Well, today (or this week, to be more accurate) was a good day. After being bummed that I couldn't, or really shouldn't, go home for Reading Days, I ended the pity party & got to work. Preached a sermon twice on Sunday (same sermon -- I'm not THAT crazy) and studied for the Greek mid-term that I took today. I did ok (but I reserve the right to amend that if I choked like Mama Cass). Missed a few easy ones, but I think I'll live to fight another day. P is for Pastor and that's good enough for me.


But Monday night, I travelled to York to finally see RENT. I have wanted to see this show since I first heard about it. That would have been after Jonathon Larson died. The creator of a play dies just before it debuts, and then it becomes a smash? You couldn't make a movie from that. But whenever the tour came to Michigan, something on my schedule kept me from going. So when I read it was coming near here, I bought my ticket. Front row, just off to the right. The wait was worth it. The show was awesome. The cast was great. Jennifer Colby Talton as Mimi was by far the best performer. Anwar Robinson (better known as the music teacher with dreads from American Idol 4) was good at Tom Collins. I think Hannah Shankman who was Mrs. Cohen and other small roles has a big future before her.


Then, on the way back to Gettysburg, I found it. What I've been looking for since I moved out here. Finally a sign of civilization.
I've been wanting to make a run for the border, but the nearest outlet of psuedo-Mexican food is 30 minutes away. A cheesy gordita or tacorito or beef & potato burrito isn't that vital. But when one is placed in your path, it is a sign. Anytime you can have food where the sour cream is applied with a caulking gun, it's a good day.
I am thrilled to be blessed to be surrounded by so many saints. People who have been so gifted with knowledge, care, compassion and dedication to our Lord. I know I have been put here in this place at this time for a reason. I'm just hanging on waiting to see where the ride takes me. I miss home, my family & friends. I even miss the craziness of my sports. But I'm so excited to be here, I don't have any regrets.
The gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ. -- Ephesians 4.11-13
And the video du jour of the week, well, I'm keepin' it real for my homies and kickin' it old school. The video's NSFW, but if you only know Ice Cube from his "Are We There" movies, well, you just don't know.
Ice Cube- Today Was A Good Day

Comments

Trish said…
Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm always interested in finding and joining in the blog community of other seminarians. I'll be reading more of you soon. Have a good one.
Law+Gospel said…
Let's hear it for running for the Border!
David said…
"Anytime you can have food where the sour cream is applied with a caulking gun, it's a good day."

Now that's a great quote!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV