I don't have time to post, so here I go ...

Well, it's 4th and 1. It's the bottom of the ninth. It's sudden death overtime. It's time to put up or shut up.

End of the semester means not so much reading, but LOTS of writing. Oh yeah, I'm supposed to remember all of that stuff I read. The Greek final is over, but is the p stand for pastor or for repeat?

So, I've decided to chuck it all and open the first Taco Bell in Gettysburg. I think I can fill out the staff with some of my classmates. Can we serve Guinness with the chalupas? Now if someone can pull my Mom off of the ceiling, I'm just playin'. Until the dean calls me in for a "meeting."

Until then, it's time to play tag. Here are three questions of three.

What are your three favorite Christmas songs & who sings them?
O Holy Night - Martina McBride I think this song is the test of singers. If you can hit the note (and if you know the song, you know the note) you can SING. Martina hits it, kicks it and drops an elbow off the top rope on it. (There was a jazz version done on Studio 60 that comes a close 2nd)
Pretenders - 2000 Miles It just strikes a chord. (I was going to cheat an take anything off of the first Very Special Christmas album that benefits the Special Olympics. Gabriel's Message by Sting; Baby Please Come Home by U2, Merry Christmas Baby by Bruce, Little Drummer Boy by Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, and Christmas in Hollis by RUN DMC - That's Christmas, but I am such a product of the 80s)
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - Grover Washington, Jr. I hear the introductory notes and I'm ready for snow, trees, advent candles and mailing Christmas cards (oh, crap, I've gotta do that too!)

What are your three favorite "Christmas" foods? You know, the stuff you only get around Christmas or the holidays.
Almond Roca - My friend, the Princess, makes the BEST Almond Roca. While she's given me the recipe, it is not the same. {This is a subtle hint.} MAYBE SHE WILL SEND ME A BATCH OR TWO.
Scottish Lace Oatmeal Cookies - This is my own recipe. I make these. They are AWESOME. I hope I find time to make a few dozen. Maybe if I got off of the computer....
Spinach Dip in a Rye Bread Bowl - A staple of the Christmas Eve family get-together. With enough food available to feed the Fifth Army, I'll fill up a quarter of the plate with the dip and bread. And I HATE rye bread. Except with my Aunt's spinach dip.

What are your three Christmas secrets?
I can not wrap presents. Everybody gets a gift bag. And I get the bags back.
I open my presents in order of their size, small to big. Maybe I'll get a hint at what it to come.
Christmas decorations should come down between bowl games on New Year's Day, or January 2nd at the latest. When I'm in charge, get ready for it. But then, I think election signs being up the day after the election should be a capital crime.

So those are my issues, err thought. What are yours?
I'm tagging Law & Gospel, David at Here I Stand, and Ruth at New! Now in Lutheran Flavor

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Good Luck on Finals & Papers and
GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!

Edited to add.
Here is Law & Gospel's contribution. She's a good person, even if she likes fruitcake. ; D
Here is Here I Stand's offerings. Angel Tree is a GREAT program. If your church isn't involved, get involved. It provides a great ministry to reach out to.
Here is Lutheran Flavor's answers. White trees????

Thanks everyone, and the questions are spreading across the blogiverse. OK, across the Lutheran seminary small corner of the blogihood. Other entries are from: Faith in Community,

Comments

David said…
Love the Almond Roca and the spinich dip, but what are Scottish Lace cookies and is there a recipe post in the future?

Bob Seger's Little drummer Boy is a great rendition, mostly because of Alto Reed's sax and the sassy guitar work. I love it.

And can't wrap so everyone gets a gift bag...that's priceless!

I'll get my 3X3 up this weekend. Thanks for the tag.
BRC said…
My recipe is very similar to the one here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lacy-Oatmeal-Cookies/Detail.aspx

except I use a 1/4 tsp of salt, and brown sugar rather than white. I also have left them in a bit longer (12-15 minutes) but that may have been an oven issue. We call them Scottish due to family tradition and I drink scotch while baking (one glass = 10-15 minutes)
Trish said…
Ooh, That Martina McBride CD is really good. Too bad I think I didn't bring it back with me... :) Blessings at the end of the semester!
Diane M. Roth said…
thanks for this meme. It was fun.

Now I'll have to read others.

I'll be back!

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV