What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

It's J-Term time here at The LTS. A time when smart boys and girls go to Switzerland, Mexico, Atlanta or do independent studies in their hometowns or take multicultural courses.
Me, I take two preaching classes so I have to write four sermons in ten days along with reading mega commentaries and other materials, as well as reading, listening, or otherwise absorbing several other sermons.
Me Dumb! So don't expect much updating here until the 19th, and the preaching press is over.
I keep telling myself it's good real life training, but then I tell myself to do unspeakable things with that sunshine attitude. Talking to yourself is fine, isn't it. It SURE is!
Also, I lead worship today at the Church of the Abiding Presence. My intoning skills, or lack of them, was not as horrible as my performance at home over Christmas. I mean, nobody walked out, and the few who were bleeding from the eardrums seemed to have the bleeding under control.

Comments

Law+Gospel said…
Hang in there. At least you have the nerve to lead worship- not everyone does.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV