Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away


Willie Nelson - How Time Slips Away

It seems like it was only yesterday.

Today ended the Spring Semester here at THE LTS. I awoke this morning with no paper to write. No reading to color, err highlight. After 3 weeks of big project followed by big project followed by test, it is over. I've got a couple of weeks to go back to America's High Five, the Great Lakes state of Michigan. I'll be back here to Penna before Memorial Day, having to miss the Highland Festival. I'll be doing CPE around here, and will get a brief reprieve to come back to mid-Michigan in early August before coming back here for Year Two.

We had a class picnic today, and I realized I'm gonna miss these people who have become a second family in the past 270 days. I realized I didn't get a chance to know them as well as I'd hoped this winter, and they didn't get to know me, because I didn't come out of my shell of hurt until the past week or so. Realizing this room that I hated in August has become my bunker through the pain of losing my dad, and worrying about my Mom.

It's been a tough year for some of my classmates. I didn't realize how many of them had lost a parent in the past year or so. They have been an incredible help to me, and I don't think I can ever repay them for their thoughts, words, efforts and prayers. Nerves got raw at the end of the semester between several people. Things were said that were hurtful. Feelings were not taken into consideration. Hopefully amends were made, or may be made over the summer.

I realize everyone isn't going to get along. But I think we can all expect to be treated with respect. As we have all heard a dozen times this year, it's not about us.

I apologize to the devoted readers of this little pond of blither and blabber. I didn't realize that it has been since February since my last "real" post, and mid-March since my last substantive post. I promise to try to blog a bit more regularly, but upon my return to Michigan, well, Mom has dial up with a potato chip processor, and I can only drink so much coffee to get online.
I'll try to post some more of my warped insights in this journey I'm on.

Y'know right below these words are a little button called comments. A little feedback might make these posts more frequent. It couldn't hurt.

Comments

Ivy said…
Hey, Coach,

I begin life at THE Lutheran Seminary (yes, G-burg) in Aug. Do you live on campus?
Trish said…
Coach,
If it means anything to you, I have continued to keep you and your mom in my prayers. I hope that you are able to continue to come out of your shell of hurt, but at the same time, not rush things and be kind to yourself.

Congratulations about the end of your first year at seminary. We here in the Midwest have another week to go. I'm looking forward to a summer of decent relaxation because I've already done CPE. I have a friend going out East for CPE. That'd be CRAZY if you two were going to be at the same place. Small world.

And, to maybe give you a bit of incentive, I'm going to link to you on my blog. That way, there is the chance someone will click on you and give you more readers. :) Peace to you, brother.
Anonymous said…
You will find that after four years of seminary, you will have many "best friends." As our class is now making its way out into the world, we are already burning up the wires on Facebook and such, keeping in touch and looking forward to possibilities.

Even though your time at seminary will seem to sometimes be long and restless, it will go by all too fast. Savor the experiences...each one of them.

Congrats on completing the first year. Praying you have a great experience on CPE.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV