The Best Thing About Seminary 1.3

The best thing about Seminary ...
is the mutual shared suffering. A discussion during the lunch about how long it has been since we've had to write a research paper. One of my classmates asked me a question about how to write one, and I stopped her before she got started. I said it has been a "long time" for me. She (she's a neo-pipeliner TM - someone in Seminary after just a few years in the world) said, "The last time I wrote one was my junior year in high school." I replied, "My last research paper was my junior year in college, and you were probably eating paste." She looked at me with a puzzled look. I said, "What were you doing in 1985?" She realized she was in kindergarten and admitted a craving for paste. What was really nice (and polite) was the true pipeliner not getting engaged in that part of the conversation because she would have been only a gleam at that time.

And we all are dreading the 10+ page research papers that are storming up the to do list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV