And That's The Way He Was.

Walter Cronkite died today. I remember watching him deliver the evening news, even though my father preferred the Huntley/Brinkley Report. But when there was big news, we turned to CBS and "Uncle Walter."

While others remember him for other news stories, as a NASA junkie, Walter Cronkite explained to me, and the rest of the world, what was going on. That he passed away during the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, just brings those memories even closer to the forefront of my memory.

I've been hearing from more of my friends and classmates that they are among the dozen of people reading this blog. For those of you who are too young to remember, or who may have other memories of Walter Cronkite, this is mine.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8 - Final

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV