God, do not forget us who are lonely.

I'm in the Garden, and have been since the 1st, sorry I haven't blogged, but it's been a busy two weeks.
I'll blog properly, but I wanted to share this from the Church of Scotland's Pray Now series.

Sometimes,
I go to that place called Lonely
I go there by myself or with companions
and stay a long while or just for a short time.
It's a place that aches with abandonment
A place where even the tears have run dry.
And I long to know God
Will I ever find you there?

No one talks about visiting this place
It carries a stigma
hidden in many disguises.

The child in the playground that no one plays with
The awkward teenager - too big, too small, too fat, too tall
The clubber dancing wildly fearing the day's end
The person with learning disabilities that has never known a friend
The single person left out by couples who dine
The parent longing for adult conversation
The widow/er grieving a companionship of love
The old person at home or in a home, wondering if this is
all that's to show for life well lived.

Sometimes,
I go to that place called Lonely
A place where I
Long to seek you God.
Where I ache
for
Someone.
Some.
One.

God, when we most need it
Come close to us who are lonely,
with the voice of a stranger
the care of a neighbor
the smile of a child
the conversation of a friend.
God, when we most need it
Do not forget us who are lonely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV