New Tricks

from the May 2015 Messenger

Today I showed my Big Guy that I learned a new trick. He didn’t seem to be as excited as I was.

When he goes away, he leaves me in my room. He calls it the utility room. He closes all of the doors so I’m safe in there, but one set of doors swing. Now that I’m a whole year old and all grown up, I am strong enough to push through those doors. So the Big Guy has been putting a chair in front of those doors to make it tough for me to make sure the house is secure for him while he is away.

I showed him that I’ve learned how to use my mouth to pull the door open on my side and make sure that the house is safe for him.

Boy, was he surprised when I met him at the front door!

Now, don’t worry. I didn’t get into anything. I’m not that type of dog. I just wanted to show him that I can do new things.

After all, that is what he has been asking all of you to do in his sermons and writings. (Don’t tell him, but I read the stuff he writes after he goes to sleep. Most of it isn’t that bad. Not as good as mine, but he tries hard.)

After all, you all gave a lot of money for that challenge he made and that green shirt he has to wear looks good on him. (I was born in Wisconsin, don’t you know.) I still don’t know why I have to wear one also.

When he made that challenge, a lot of you probably thought you’d never raise that much money. I mean, that’s a lot of rawhide strips! But you raised so much it wasn’t even close. (Like a lot of Lions games!)

But if you can do that, think of what other things you can do. There are ways that you can share God’s love and share of the things that you all are good at.

I mean, if I can learn how to open doors, imagine what you can do. You have thumbs and hands and all of that. And you’re tall, you can reach up on treat shelves and all of that really cool stuff. Maybe that’s what I’ll learn next.

Until then, you keep thinking and praying about what new things you can do to show your love to God, and I’ll keep working on new ways to show my Big Guy that I love him.

Licks and Love, Ananias

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV