Change Can Be Scary



My Big Guy gave me some bacon to remind you all to get your picture taken for the new directory (see Parish News). My Big Guy and I got our picture taken. It’s right here. I think I look good!
My Big Guy has been talking to me about the Sowing Seeds ministry things that have been going on, and how he is going to lead worship at three churches on Sunday mornings and worship times will change (see Parish News).
I have mixed feelings about that. First, that means he is going to be away from me longer and I do not like that. But on the other hand, it will mean more Sunday nap times, so I guess it will work out.
He told me some of you aren’t too sure about this, and are afraid of how it will change your churches. I understand that concern really well. I don’t like change myself.
That’s why I’m nervous when I meet new people. I don’t know if you are going to be nice or not. So I am very cautious when I meet someone. I’ll sniff to see if you smell like a nice person, but then will back off and hang around My Big Guy. After a while, if you are nice to him, and to me, I’ll come up and let you pet me, or better yet, give me food.
Once I know that you are a nice person, I’ll come up and sit or stay by you. I might need a reminder treat when I see you again, but once I see that it is ok, we can be friends. Even if our first meeting didn’t go well, I’m willing to give you a second chance.
Maybe that’s how this new relationship with the people of Nazareth can work. As you smell them out, see how things work, and they have treats, it may not be so scary. If something happens, and you need to back off, you can still see how things work out. My Big Guy says I warm up to people on my terms. I think that’s OK, and could be a way for you all to approach this relationship.
My Big Guy also said that many of you were nervous that he was going to have too much to do, and get burned out. I agree with that worry. I don’t think he spends nearly enough time giving me belly rubs and throwing things for me to bring back to him. But I know that he has other things to do, even if they aren’t as much fun.
I’ll keep an eye on him. I’ll give him lots of licks of love, and will share my bones and toys with him. I’ll encourage him to cuddle and get naps and a good night’s sleep with me.
This will be a time of change with opportunities that haven’t been thought of yet. But that is life. Things are always changing, and each change is an opportunity for us to share God’s love with others.
As all of the angels say in the Bible, “Don’t be afraid.”
I’ll look after My Big Guy.
Licks and Love, Ananias
BY THE WAY – Worship Times Change As Of December 6.
Our Savior’s starts at 9:30.
Emmanuel begins at 11.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV