Pastor's November Ponderings

Pastor’s Ponderings
 If Joshua gave the Israelites rest, God wouldn’t have spoken about another day later on. So you see that a Sabbath rest is left open for God’s people. The one who entered God’s rest also rested from his works, just as God rested from his own. Therefore, let’s make every effort to enter that rest so that no one will fall by following the same example of disobedience. – Hebrews 4.8-11 (CEB)
After the Sowing Seeds meeting where we concluded the best way to provide pastoral care to Nazareth was for me to lead worship at three churches each Sunday, many people have asked me if I feel up to doing it. I’ve been asked if I can physically handle three services.
I appreciate your concern, and am asking for your help.
Leading worship services is draining, both physically & emotionally.
It will be easier for me to do if I am in better shape. I am going to work on that. I need to improve my diet. I need to work at not being a stress eater. I need to exercise more.
 I need to get into better shape, both physically and spiritually.
I’m asking for your thoughts, encouragement, understanding and prayers.
I will need to schedule time and devote it to exercise and prayer. I haven’t figured out how I’m going to do it, but there may be some times when I am not as easily accessible. I will still be available for emergencies, but other things may wait.
I will ask for your understanding and encouragement in making good nutritional choices.
This time of learning to work together will be a challenge, and won’t always go as smoothly as we all hope. If you have concerns or questions, please let me know.
A Work In Progress,
Pastor Brian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV