Just A Shy Bulldogge

This is my article for the February 2016 newsletters.
For those of you who I’ve met, you know that I’m kind of shy. Oh, I may bark and even growl, but that is just to make sure you know that I’m a tough guy.

After I’ve been around you for a while, I’ll come over and give you a sniff over, then I might let you pet me. It’s nothing personal, but I’m just a shy bulldogge.

I’m skeptical of new people and new things. It even takes me a while before I start destroying new toys, unless they taste good.

So I understand the reluctance that many of you have about this three church arrangement.

I was at the last Sowing Seeds meeting at Nazareth. My Big Guy had me stay in his office up there because he thought I was too adorable and would distract from the conversation, which is a good point. But I listened to the conversation through the wall and I could tell people were nervous about this new thing. I wanted to come out and say I understand, but I couldn’t reach the door knob.

Personally, I have some concerns about the arrangement. My Big Guy gets me up really early on Sunday mornings, and I’m alone for even longer. But on the other paw, we have more quality Sunday nap time and I usually get extra belly rubs. Plus, I have another office to nap in up at Nazareth. And more people to eventually get to know and droll on. So, I guess it can work out.

My Big Guy was telling me about Lent, and the extra worship services. He said that for the Soupper Services, the three churches were going to take turns hosting them. I told him that was a really good idea, because you can get to know the other people at those other churches when they come to your church, and when you go to their church.

Just don’t bark or growl at them, that’s my job.

Licks and Love, Ananias
P.S. I’m still trying to figure out what to give up for Lent. I told My Big Guy that I wanted to give up walking in the snow, and he said I couldn’t control that. We’ll see about that.

P.P.S. About the Lenten Noisy Offering Challenge (page 3) that My Big Guy is proposing. I am not involved. At all. That’s all on him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV