I Want A Dream Coat!

This is An Article from Ananias from the October newsletter.
My Big Guy did something SO much better than reading me a story from the Bible. We watched a movie! Did you know they made movies about the stories in the Bible? And they SANG in this one.

The movie is called Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It tells the story from Genesis about Joseph and his mean brothers, and what happened to Joseph.

Joseph was one of 12 sons of Jacob, who was also called Israel, and was his father’s favorite. Jacob gave Joseph this coat of many colors, which I didn’t see as such a big deal. But Jacob could see what was going to happen and could figure out what dreams mean.

I think that would be awesome. If I knew what was going to happen, I could warn people. If I could tell what dreams meant, I could help people to know what to do.

While Joseph’s brothers were mean to him – they sold him to slavery and pretended he was dead – Joseph didn’t take the opportunity to pay them back. Instead, he used his position to help them out.

My Big Guy said many of the stories in Genesis are about people who weren’t the best, but God was able to do great things through them. Joseph’s dad, Jacob, was a real scoundrel. Jacob’s dad, Isaac, was almost sacrificed by his father, Abraham, and Abraham would tell people that his wife, Sarah, was his sister! I thought my brothers and sisters were strange!!

But in the story about Joseph, God was always with Joseph in all of the bad things that happened to him, and there were a lot of them. Joseph trusted in God, and God provided for him.

I think God can use us to help accomplish the things God wants, but we have to be willing to trust God, and be willing to sometimes do things that we may not be comfortable doing.

It is hard to speak about our faith. It can be hard to give of the things you have. It can be hard to dedicate some of your time. It can be hard to help others. But those are all things God wants us to do. Those are things Jesus said we should do. We can do them, but they may be easier if we put our trust in God.

Those whom God blessed, especially those through Abraham’s family were not the best people. They had faults, just like all of us. But through them God blessed the people of Israel. And they were supposed to bless all of us.

So maybe we can be a blessing to others, even if we are not perfect. I really like that idea. I’m going to try to be a blessing to My Big Guy and to others.

The one thing I don’t know about the movie we watched. How did Joseph and all of the children of Israel get out of Egypt? Do you know if there is another movie?.

Love and Licks, Ananias

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV