Lenten Prayers

Here is Ananias' article from the February newsletter. You can download the Small Catechism app through Augsburg Fortress for FREE here.

Taking Up Prayer For Lent



My Big Guy wrote a lot about what you can give for Lent, but he didn’t tell you about what he, and his C+LIFFE students, are taking up for Lent.

For each of the 40 days of Lent, they are going (or going to do their best) to pray the daily prayers that Martin Luther suggested when he wrote the Small Catechism. People may not know that at the end of the Small Catechism, Luther wrote prayers and practices for people to do when they wake up, when they have a meal, and when they go to bed. My Big Guy and the C+LIFFE students are going to try to do those each day during Lent, and then see if those new habits stick after Easter.

I’m going to try to do it as well. I downloaded the Small Catechism app on my iPawd, and you can get that app for your smartphone, or a copy of the prayers here or on the information tables in each church’s gathering area beginning on Ash Wednesday.

I hope this is something you will do with us. It will help us to remember to share all that we are doing with God.

I just wonder if I have to say the meal prayers before and after every snack that My Big Guy gives me.

Love and Licks,
Ananias

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV