Went down to the Chelsea drugstore

It's a time of transition here at The LTS. Those who graduated in May are, or have moved out, as they have been called. Those who are still here have been writing call sermons and interviewing with churches. Most of the members of my class have left campus. Some have gotten, or are getting, married. Some are vacationing, but all of us are getting ready to go on internship. First year students have started CPE, and, according to some FBk posts, are stressing and freaking.

Some of us who are going on internship have gone scouting, visiting the sites we will be serving beginning later this year. I came back from my scouting trip late Sunday night. I had posted earlier that this site wasn't "one of my top choices." That was a mis-statement on my part. It was one of my preferred choices, but it wasn't where I saw myself going. I feel called to urban ministry. It is the setting I have grown up in, and where I feel the most comfortable. It is also where I thought I would serve my internship. But instead, I am going to a detached site in a very rural community in Virginia. I had it listed as a site I was willing to go to, and it was near the top of my list. But I felt sure I would go to an urban site. I should know better than thinking I know where I am needed or called to serve.

I spent the weekend at my internship stie, and am thrilled with the people I met and the opportunity to serve. I think I have a good rapport with my supervisor and I am looking forward to being there. There are such tremendous opportunities to learn, grow and serve. I will get to preach weekly (or weakly). I will get to design and lead Bible studies. I may get to design and lead special worship services. I get lead, and be, community outreach. I get to live in a beautiful house in a beautiful area.

As an afficianado of classic rock, and someone who has blogged about this song, and have used it in a sermon, I should have known better.

Band from TV - Can't Always Get What You Want
(the video stinks, it doesn't change, but this version is pretty good.)
if you try sometimes, you may just get what you need.

I still have some concerns and questions. But that's life. Life is about uncertainty. But I believe it will all work out. Faith is about trust.

And for those of us in transition, from time to time, "We're gonna vent our frustration. If we don't we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Yeah, Football

Lutheran Carnival LV

And Music Still On MTV